Sunday, May 15, 2005

Unconscious Mutterings Week 119

I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Grandma:: existentialist, came of age as a flapper, wise woman; spoke 3 languages, read 5, college educated in an era when most women weren't. I can think of so many things I would like to have asked her now; She was my age when I was born and gone just as I was becoming an adult who might have been smart enough to know what questions to ask and which things to observe. The things the child observed and knew about her are wonderful, but not enough. The same goes for my mother who didn't even make it to my age and died knowing that a grandchild was on the way, but before she could hold him. I miss them both and have so many questions that are unanswered.
  2. Pet:: cat; former pets include fish, chameleon, gerbils, rat, dog, four previous cats
  3. Desolate:: landscape; image of desolate and inconsolable
  4. Backspace:: one of my favorite keys; text and a backspace key allows one to edit before allowing the words to surface in the world, unlike speech.
  5. Common ground:: (artistic representation of the concept) shared perception, agreed upon foundation for understanding
  6. Storm:: wind ;-) storm warnings; large storm brewing ahead
  7. Dark:: and windy night, it was a. She banished dark thoughts for the moment.
  8. Water bottle:: always have one or more with me; the twenty-first century must have accessory
  9. Training:: mastering something new, teacher, mentor; see one, do one, teach one
  10. Dot coms:: some eonomically viable
Want to play? Go to Unconscious Mutterings



No comments: