Friday, May 20, 2005

Odds and Ends

This humorous item caught my eye while surfing blogs:
Blighty Blog: Solar Powered Chaos
Hundreds of angry motorists are lining the streets of Weston-super-Mare waiting for the sun to come out. This chaos has been caused by North Somerset Council's decision to install solar-powered ticket machines on the sea front. Since being installed they have only triggered into power once, last Friday, when the cloud thinned for a couple of minutes. Three drivers managed to buy a ticket and they are now stuck in the car park surrounded by an enormous traffic jam. Weston-super-Mare has ground to a halt. ...
Though the whole article was amusing to me, I especially liked the statement at the end:
On leaving the chaos this morning Blighty reflected upon the British spirit that resulted in hundreds of motorists queuing endlessly rather than attempting to park for nothing.

~~~~

One of the ways my 'baby' (yes, I really do call him that to his face; one of my terms of endearment for him- and he actually seems to like it)  decided to celebrate his 21st birthday today was by leaving early this morning (with his girlfriend)  to see the new Star Wars movie. A few weeks ago he sent me this link.  Star Wars trailer.

I won't be anywhere near the movie for a long while. I really don't like lines and while I would love to see the movie, it will have to wait a while.


~~~~~~~
Note: If you haven't looked at my post about needing survey responses to ten questions on your feelings and experiences concerning multiculturalism, PLEASE, PLEASE do me a favor, read, and drop me line if you could- by Sunday. I really could use a little more input.

No comments: