Tuesday, May 31, 2005

"going to the mountain is going home"

"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life." ~John Muir

'Tis/has been a day; the last regular day for me of this academic quarter (only the final exam to go), and the last of the month which meant case notes, billing and next month's activity plans had to be completed and turned in, along with creating my files for next month- part of the price of doing work I enjoy. Tomorrow is an early start and an early finish, so I leave you with the quote from Muir telling a part of why and describing where I always wish to be.

No comments: