Monday, September 27, 2004

Firefox

I am really, really liking the Mozilla Firefox browser. I am still customizing toolbars, and tweaking various settings and I do want to read a bit more about any potential security issues. I miss the Blogger "blog this" button, and wonder if Blogger/Google will develop a toolbar that will work with Firefox, but even without it, I am truly impressed. Pages load much faster; I like the option of tabs or new windows- it suits the way I wander the web with multiple things open from multiple sites; it seems to run in a more streamlined fashion but that could be an illusion. I have only been using it for a couple of days.

I had been reading everyone's glowing reviews so I downloaded Firefox after the third time a bunch of junk downloaded [from different suspect sites] and installed itself as new toolbars in MSIE, without asking. MSIE allowed that, yet I was having trouble viewing sites that I trusted and did want to see (and some that were in my trusted zone) without getting a darn security warning every twenty seconds.

added 05/05/05: If you are looking for more current information on Firefox, you will find a  summary and link of every post I have made to date about the various versions of Firefox, any installation problems and my solutions; and within some of those posts are links to specific Firefox support forum threads. Firefox post list

No comments: