Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Ockham's Razor and surfing sychronism

Ah.... I was trying to remember the name "Ockham's Razor" in the last day or so, and didn't bother trying to google terms. It was one of those tangents of thought that I simply let go.

"Ocham's Razor essentially states that all things being equal, the simplest explanation is usually correct."
I ran across this in a post entitled: (Freedom of Flight)

snip: "I was sitting on the bus, after our last session, mulling over what was said (as I always do) and some things began to click."

snip: "One could easily jump to a conclusion that all of these factors compiled have caused my repeated history of self-sabotage and the lack of drive I confront in so many areas in my life."

snip: "It is really quite simple and clear. I am affording myself the ability and opportunity to escape unscathed. The problem here is that I am very convincing. I can usually convince most people to believe whatever I want them to believe. The most common victim of this skill is myself."

It brings to mind one of my favorite Feynman quotes: "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." ~ Richard Feynman

*Ocham's Razor? Occam's Razor? Ockham's Razor?

No comments: