Thursday, January 01, 2004

Happy New Year Everyone.

A year gone and a new one about to begin.... I wish I had something profound to say, but I don't. Perhaps it is the Martini & Rossi Asti I am drinking (a once or twice a year indulgence), or perhaps it is the mind still on holiday. The weather here is crisp and breezy... I love those winds and the beautiful night sky they create, but when they are cold (and I am alone in them) I find myself unable to ignore the chill for long. Yes, I am a wimp about getting chilled these days. One would never know that I grew up ice-skating in winter, once knew how to put on tire chains, how to layer clothing for a below zero wind chill and all about getting snowed in.

This post is likely to be links and wanderings (and perhaps a meandering thought or two of my own) that I edit or add to over the next two hours.

I discovered that Abyssal Mind has a new blog- more personal- at One Abyssal Mind.

BlogCritics.org does a best and worst list worth perusing.

Misbehaving.net adds some thoughts to the whole online relationships versus in person relationships- of all kinds... and while you are there check out If I Had To Do It Over.

Ming the Mechanic: Letting Go... "So there is a way in which we can accept impermanence and still relish life, at one and the same time, without grasping." ...YES....

The story is applicable to much more than this.. we actually have so much more when we don't hang on quite so tightly...

More from Ming the Mechanic.. on Blogger's Block.. I may come back to this one.. because I have some thoughts about it but the Asti is making the keys and fingers tangle...

Happy, Happy New Year to everyone...

edited at 1:25 AM to add this link:
I don't know how I missed this very thoughtful article about the internet: World of Ends by Doc Searls and David Weinberger. There is a response recently posted by Digital Common Sense.

No comments: