Wednesday, February 02, 2005

"Dreams are the seedlings of realities"

"The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn; the bird waits in the egg; and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities." ~ James Allen, "As a Man Thinketh", (written in the 19th century)

This little book was given to me by my grandmother when I was very young. I didn't understand it then, but little by little the basic premise became part of the framework of what I believe is true. I suspect the roots of my cognitive/existential philosophical leanings began from that early exposure as well as assisting the formation of my interest in how the mind works.

While it doesn't have the same emotional pull for me as my tiny leather bound volume with its gilded edges and title, the entire text appears to be online at the link. (I haven't checked it for accuracy against my little copy, but it appears to be well transcribed.)

No comments: