Saturday, February 12, 2005

Clever story

I don't know when or how I stumbled on this blog but it was in my "newest wanderings" file on bloglines. ("newest" in this case means that it might have been as long as six months ago or as recent as this past month.)

At any rate, this piece Cards and Women made me smile. A short snippet:

"I have known many people and all of them have influenced my life in one way or another. Six women, however, have had more impact on me than all the rest combined.

When I was a little boy my mother handed me a deck of playing cards.

"What am I supposed to do with these?"

"It doesn't matter." she replied "All that matters is that you enjoy playing with them. Whatever you decide to do with them, I will always love you. I love you for who you are. Not for what you try to do with your cards... Not for how well you do it... Not for whether you succeed or fail... Even if you decide to do nothing at all with them, I will always love you."

I ran off to play with the cards..."


read the rest...

No comments: