Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Saving my week.

This is one of those weeks where I let my desire to do something good and my enthusiasm for what I have been doing these past weeks, overwhelm the part that needs to be good to self. Those weeks are rare these days, in part because I long ago recognized many things about that aspect to self and because I know that giving almost all of my time and the majority of my focus elsewhere has negative consequences for me.

I find my harmony in having enough alone time and/or shared with someone special time, balanced (in my particular way) with time spent elsewhere and in active focus on others. So now I must work quickly to shed the restraints of the rest of the week, before classes start again. One week isn't enough time to do everything that I need to do just for me. But it is too important to ignore, so I must salvage those days left.

No comments: