Wednesday, December 21, 2005

not so itsy bitsy...


And now for a bit of levity:

"Our egos tells us we're the only ones that have any kind of feelings. We're the only ones with a relationship. We're the only ones with family. You know, I think that if you kill a spider, there is a relationship that you're ruining. There's a conversation going on outside with the other spiders. 'Did you hear about Chris?....Killed yeah....Sneaker. And now Stephanie has nine hundred babies to raise all alone. Well, she's got her legs full I'll tell you that right now. Chris was so kind, wouldn't hurt a fly. It's just been tough for them lately. They just lost their web last week. Those humans think they're so smart. Let them try shooting silk out of their butt and see what they can make.'" ~Ellen DeGeneres

I heard birds fussing excitedly in the trees when I was about to leave to see my first client today. It appeared that something large was in the trees going after one of the nests, so I wandered over from my car with camera in hand to see what I could see. I thought perhaps it was a hawk or at the very least one of the crows, but I couldn't see any birds when I got to the stand of trees. Whatever was happening in the upper branches was finished.

But my brief delay wasn't a total loss as far as pictures go. I'm glad this creature is outside and not inside. Their kind creeps me out a bit, even more so after my recent experience with another unknown but undoubtedly, much smaller variety (whose inflicted wound still looks a bit like the Target graphic).




No comments: