Friday, December 09, 2005

"change the world and have a hell of a good time"

I am subscribed to several newsletters on a variety of topics including some quotations. Since I don't seem to be able to sleep tonight (naps at 9 pm aren't good ideas), and the mood within is restless (comes from having all the outside things caught up and only the inside things and housework to deal with), I decided to catch up on a little mail before trying again to sleep.

Some pieces from wisdom quotes:

"An Italian poet said, "We live in a flash of light; evening comes and it is night forever." It’s only a flash and we waste it. We waste it with our anxiety, our worries, our concerns, our burdens." ~Anthony de Mello, 20th century Jesuit priest

"The way to really live is to die. The passport to living is to imagine yourself in your grave. Imagine you’re lying in your coffin….Now look at your problems from that viewpoint. Changes everything, doesn’t it?"
~ also Anthony de Mello

"If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning." ~ Gandhi (1869-1948)

"Everything you need you already have. You are complete right now, you are a whole, total person, not an apprentice person on the way to someplace else. Your completeness must be understood by you and experienced in your thoughts as your own personal reality." ~ Wayne Dyer, psychologist, self help author

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and to have one hell of a good time. Sometimes, this makes planning the day difficult." ~ E. B. White (1899-1985) American writer

Sounds like a good way to start a day; problems aren't really problems when looked at in a different frame of reference, and making a difference is always my goal - one tiny little fragment at a time. Having a good time while doing seems a very important condition. To me there is no point getting up dreading or feeling indifferent to the start of each new day. Been there, done that.. the hole one sinks into can be very dark and deep. I choose the light...

...and now sleep..
;-)

No comments: