Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Changing the mood

When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the
darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen....
There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly.

~Patrick Overton; Richard Bach



more photos from Thanksgiving...

Today was a good day, despite some residual hangover from having a reaction to a pesticide that had been sprayed in a client's home yesterday.

The work was the same, the same personal health problems that have been simmering along are still here with more medical appointments that must be kept; the University paperwork problem is still unsolved and waiting for me when I arrive on campus on Wednesday, but I felt different today. I suppose that is some sort of mood swing that could be attributed to brain chemistry, or maybe it was the crisp blue sky this afternoon or the bright clear night sky that allowed me to see more than the usual number of stars. Or perhaps it was the email from a friend over the weekend, or playing my own mix of pop/rock/blues music in the car or simply deciding that the old mood is not one I wish to stay within. Whatever the reason, it was a welcome change and it feels as if no matter what happens, the rest of the week will be easier to endure.

No comments: