Monday, October 24, 2005

Sun, Mountains Missing

Maybe it's good to have several overcast days in a row as a reminder of just how much I love the sun shining brightly.






The light of the day was good for taking some pictures of flowers that I was unable to capture previously in the sunlight.

I missed seeing the mountains on Monday. They are my talisman these days. The sky was drearier than it has been in a while without actually raining all day, or so it seemed. But a day that started in one mood, wound up as another by day's end. Nothing changed. Everything changed.

It was drizzling and foggy while I was driving and the transition to the last freeway home was blocked off requiring a detour (a mildly anxiety provoking thing in the dark and fog). But even that didn't affect me negatively. Maybe it is that when I arrived home, I was relieved to have arrived and have one half day of work completed; or perhaps my opinion about reframing blah feelings when possible, was working unconsciously all afternoon. Perhaps it was the flowers and bright things I deliberately sought to view on my walk before going to see a client this evening.



Whatever the cause, the result was a positive difference and so the post i was working on this morning is irrelevant except to my private journal. In recognizing and not consciously doing anything about feeling out of balance, some measure of balance was found.

When you stand with your two feet on the ground, you will always keep your balance. The Tao Te Ching translated by S. Mitchell

... maybe... or at least it might seem easier.

No comments: