Saturday, October 22, 2005

Friday views

"I learned what is obvious to a child. That life is simply a collection of little lives, each lived one day at a time. That each day should be spent finding beauty in flowers and poetry and talking to animals. That a day spent with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot be bettered." ~Nicholas Sparks

Perhaps not every moment of every day... but some part of it spent in that way seems to make the whole better.

Thursday I started working on a post about my apparent theme of the month (year, decade, life?) - balance and acceptance, but somewhere between its start, the day, day's end and taking photographs of the evening, I was interupted by the sound of military jets patroling Los Angeles (Shrub in town). At one point one of them was very low (for military jets) over Sunland, doing tight turns and barrel rolls which brought all the neighbors out to watch. The picture taking was interupted, the post and thoughts I'll get back to at some point. There are things still percolating upward.

Here are a couple more views from my quick trip to the Wash on Friday evening (fewer power lines in the way). I think I need a dog so I can go hiking alone- I want to be in the Wash and the foothills around it, not just near the road, wishing.





No comments: