Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Rainy day

April Rain Song

Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
Let the rain sing you a lullaby
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
The rain makes running pools in the gutter
The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
And I love the rain.


~Langston Hughes

more raindrops and splashes

Well, it isn't April, but it did rain on Monday, accompanied by thunder and lightning, bits of hail, low clouds. I like a good thunderstorm if it doesn't last too long- a day or two is fine (more and mood seems to suffer). I couldn't resist trying to capture a few raindrops from the open door.

And for once I didn't feel guilty about telling work that I would not be driving to see clients tonight. I'm done with feeling as if I were slacking off. I'm not, and that's that. I'm relatively certain it won't be the last thing that I can't do any longer, so it is past time to get over it.

rainy day flowers cloud hugging mt. lukens


















This was the view in the morning, on a quick walk about during a break between showers. The top of Mt. Lukens is completely enveloped with thick clouds.



















On the top, the view Monday night from the upstairs window, contrasted with Sunday night's view from the ground (bottom)..

I'd like to say I was terrifically productive today, but instead I snuggled under blankets, read, took a little walk and a few pictures, answered a couple of emails and even dozed off a time or two. Everyone needs a day like that now and then... though, I could use a week or two of them.
wink pink

later edit: all the photos are on Flickr if anyone wanted to see more detail or a larger size

No comments: