Thursday, September 08, 2005

highs and lows..

"It's tough trying to keep your feet on the ground, your head above the clouds, your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your finger on the pulse, your eye on the ball and your ear to the ground." ~?

Feathered Sky

This was the view that greeted me this morning when I was leaving to see clients... such a beautiful looking morning sky.

It was a day filled with little moments.. good ones, sad ones.. handled ones. One of my clients born in 1912 is slipping further away into her own world; others have been watching the news...
rose bud

and of course, I took some pictures during little breaks.. like this rose...



and this one as I was leaving the office in the afternoon...

Some of my clients have begun questioning the response to Katrina and though I was expecting it, they want to know who would rescue them if a disaster of that magnitude happened here in Los Angeles. They want reassurance that someone would come, that they would not be abandoned, left to fend for themselves or written off.

Assessing how much each one can understand - I tell them that that maybe the President wouldn't send anyone right away, but city/county Los Angeles and folks in their neighborhoods, as well as people like me, would check on them and help them to safety if they needed help. What I don't say is that I have some of the same concerns and I only hope our local emergency response system is still in place and was expanded to include those neighborhood councils that exist.



To clear some of the more difficult moments of the day, I watched the sunset and then moon rise. My camera has become my escape from everything, except the moment in front of me. ... a way to get my head at least in the clouds for a moment or two, even if I can't get above them.

No comments: