Saturday, September 03, 2005

Days end

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
~Albert Einstein

Sunset Tujunga Wash (2Sept)
Choosing to take a break at sunset, one of my favorite times of the day, I drove about a mile or so away -and took photos at Tujunga Wash again. This time- 183 of them. I have only begun to sort and look at them closely.

Sunset Tujunga Wash (Sept. 2)

This woman and her four dogs were enjoying the sunset, too. In the larger version of this photo, I found another person a distance away that I didn't know was there. I haven't figured out how to wander too far here, as I don't feel safe alone once the sun gets past a certain point. The woman (a stranger) and I, had a brief conversation (relief on both our parts, perhaps?) which included that issue as she passed me walking towards her car. I trusted her and her dogs, but might have freaked out a bit if it had been a male.

Sunset Tujunga Wash
This was the view when I left... definitely past time to leave (about five minutes after the woman and her dogs), but it was so pretty and peaceful..

"Twilight: A time of pause when nature changes her guard. All living things would fade and die from too much light or too much dark, if twilight were not." ~Howard Thurman

No comments: