Friday, April 09, 2004

"Worthwhile"

Starting at Jim Moore's cybernetics, politics, emergence, etc. ..from the Berkman Center for Internet & Society, Harvard Law School, I clicked on a link from a short post entitled "Choices" which led me to "Re-thinking the virtues of fire-engine red" from Betsy Devine which included this line: "Do you mean I get to make a different choice now that I'm grown up?" and a few sentences later: "But she, who loved freedom more than almost anything else, would be the last person to want me enslaved to her choices."

Checking out the rest of her blog, I ran across a link to Worthwhile Magazine with a couple of heavyweights I recognized and having this Mission Statement: "The editorial mission of WORTHWHILE is to put purpose and passion on the same plane as profit. WORTHWHILE offers a roadmap for business success that is more personally fulfilling and socially responsible. We live by the motto that it is impossible to have a meaningful life without meaningful work.

We hope that this site can be a place where youլl come to discuss, to learn, to share your experiences, to find solutions in your worklife."


It sounds promising.

This post was better written the first time, but I was using the blogger toolbar post window to write it. With more than one blog, there is a default by alphabetical and I hadn't yet used the pull down menu to choose this one. Finishing the post, I selected Tangents- only to lose everything except the mag link, which was momentarily frustrating!! I don't know how many times I have done that, and every time I wonder why I don't seem to remember this little quirk of posting from the blogger toolbar. Is my brain just too old and tired to remember these less essential sorts of small things?