Wednesday, June 08, 2005

"Time is tonic"

"Wise are they who have learned these truths:
   Trouble is temporary. Time is tonic. Tribulation is a test tube."

~William Arthur Ward

and sometimes sleep cures all... which is what I am hoping works tonight.

"The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are"
~C.S. Lewis

I wandered around a little bit to some of the various folks in my blogroll tonight. Everyone it seemed, had something that was worthy of further thought or a link to follow. Thank goodness I have the nifty little scrapbook extension  for Firefox. I can drag and drop permalinks into various created files, make notes for select passages, and save what I am thinking or where the thoughts take me until (if ever) they are ready for something more than notes.

There is something completely disorienting to a day, to wake with a migraine. Long after the pounding, throbbing, pulsating, 'every motion, noise, light creating their own additional waves', nausea, and moaning had been coaxed into a back corner of my head, I was still subdued and working with less than half my normal awareness. I felt as if I were trapped in the middle of a dense fog, where even up close the outlines of the world were indistinct. But there were places to be, people to see, things to do...

No comments: