- Usher:: guide, lead, direct, usher in a new plan, age, era
- Cherish:: word used by me very rarely in my entire life, and only when felt very deeply
- Mistreat:: mostly forget any specific instances directed at me, but feel very strongly about seeing and knowing about instances where it has been directed at others- injustice, mistreatment triggers a desire to do something
- Forum:: discussion of many
- Systematic:: pragmatic approach- very useful in certain types of activities, too linear in others
"Warning" by Jenny Joseph
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandles, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
- Wash:: comes out even, and sometimes clean; also "Tujunga Wash"
- I wish:: for your wishes to come true;
and for me- I wish a life balanced, with purpose that allows me to find a reason to happily wake for most every new day and time for family, friends, solitary creative pursuits and play, a close, tender, caring relationship, and reciprocity of acceptance. Sometimes I think wishes are dangerous when we think of them as things we can't have but can only wish for-- and mourn instead of reaching for those things that mean the most to us.
- Candles:: don't use them very often these days; I like the scented kind - short fat ones, tiny votive ones, tall beeswax tapers with real fragrance essences... and the way things look in the soft glow
- Metallic:: hard and cold