Wednesday, December 03, 2003

1.5 and .5 seconds...

There is a fascinating post that I stumbled upon describing research from twenty years ago, about the time between when the brain activity starts to change (as seen on EEG) before performing an action and when subjects report "thinking" about performing an action and the actual action itself. The differences are interesting. I didn't look up the original research, but found it discussed here: Free Will Starts...Now.

I am too tired to think deeply about it now, but I wanted to preserve it for sometime after Thursday of next week.... or when I recover from this final assault for the quarter.
A brief check of other posts at The Loom, finds some other interesting food for thought in the neuroscience, biochemical areas.

thanks for the link go to Butterflies and Wheels.

No comments: