Friday, August 12, 2005

"another golden opportunity"

Thursday sunset

Thursday finished with an "ahhhhh".... and a little breathing room. Friday is a new day and morning will bring a fresh perspective to the parts of my paper that still need reworking.

A frantic email to my professor just before the last post and like magic, I have an extension for the deadline for online submission of my paper. It didn't hurt that she had many frantic emails about everyone having some difficulty completing the assignment before Thursday evening's class lecture. But her email to me provided an immediate release of the growing tension I was feeling.

On other positive notes, I managed an "A" on the midterm two weeks ago (missed 4 out of 50) and though I can't drive to Cambria as I had hoped, I do have Friday and the weekend off. My case notes are current; there are no looming deadlines for work or intensive projects causing me angst and my shoulders feel lighter, even though I still have to finish rewriting and reworking that paper.

I have to run an errand late in the morning and stop by a 'good luck, goodbye' gathering for a co-worker in the afternoon, but there should be a little time to meander some foothill passes in search of a few pictures and some of that feeling that wandering mountains brings.

Friday and the weekend look pretty good from here.

"Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don't waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail." ~Og Mandino

That's how I intend to face the morning and the day.


No comments: