Tuesday, December 28, 2004

"Do not let your fire go out"

I haven't had time, or energy? or something (I need a swift kick) to do more than quick check of a few of the blogs/people in my blogroll. My bloglines notifier says I have 3184 new items to read. Whiskey River is one of those blogs I try to check several times a week, but somehow missed this on Monday. So often I find the right thing at the right moment or the right new tangent to think about when I visit. Monday's entry was no exception. It spoke to me as I am sure it did to many others.

" "Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle.
The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours."
- Ayn Rand "

Whiskey River, December 27

No comments: