Monday, December 20, 2004

Change and an unrelated? note on two books

This resonates with me a bit:
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." -Sydney J. Harris

~~~~
I have been reading two books in bits and pieces .. .and strangely or not so strangely (since I chose both books in a psychological/spiritual/understanding sort of quest), they are slightly different sides of the same thing- one is about connecting with the power of intention, and the other is about harnessing the power of coincidence. The overall theme of the books is connecting to soul, to spirit, to the universal, to the collective and individual- connecting to the flow of all and all things falling into place, coming into/being in your life as or in exactly the moment they are meant/needed.

I am not sure I completely understand either Wayne Dyer or Deepak Chopra as they discuss these things, but they both are talking about similar concepts. It occurred to me that Dyer is western with a slight eastern approach and Chopra is eastern with a western approach.. or something like that. Their early respective indoctrinations of culture/philosophy seem to play a role in their interpretations. Not so surprisingly, meditation plays a large role in the "prescriptions" from both men.

More later as I digest it all. A new word for me, from Deepak Chopra- synchrodestiny.

No comments: