Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Waking up much more earlier than the alarm

I woke in pain (not sure I have eaten enough in the past few days and my stomach is reminding me that it doesn't take kindly to less than a certain amount of food at regular intervals). I had some vague thought that I would get my email, look at a couple of things and then go back to sleep for a while. One thing led to another and I started wandering blogs that I added to bloglines but don't visit very often.

Synaptic Transmissions: Carpe Diem (or something like that) caught my attention: "We grew closer, and thats what life is all about. Its putting yourself in the position to experience something new, to communicate with someone new, or to even communicate with someone you know already, but at a new level, no matter how random it may seem. Its the only way to properly cultivate your own anti-spotless mind"

Checking out the "anti-spotless mind" entry, I came across this: "Somewhere along the line I realized that a few very special people were able to see me the way I wanted people to see me. Actually, it was then that I realized that there was a specific way that I wanted people to see me."

And a little later: "I guess the point is that while there may be "Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind"--that is, the mind that has not ever been modified by the influence of the love, ideas, and perspectives of others--this "eternal sunshine" is quite simply only the bliss of ignorance. It is other individuals who are the catalysts--they are attractive force that pull individuality and self-awareness from the depths of souls."

I am not sure I fully agree with the rest of the things said in that post, but at 5:30 in the morning, parts of it seems like something to think about later when my brain might find more clarity.

No comments: