Saturday, June 12, 2004

"The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-Create Your World Your Way"; Dr. Wayne Dyer

Years ago I read "Your Erroneous Zones"- as I recall this was an easily understandable bit of cognitive psychology. I also read "Pulling Your Own Strings" when it came out. I saw him a couple of weeks ago on a public television fund drive with a lecture that was intriguing. This morning I clicked on another public television station and saw him again- same lecture only I managed to catch more of it this time. The topic is about "connecting with source", being part of a field of energy, and how your beliefs are fulfilled through all of this.

He talked about ignoring what other people think about what you should or shouldn't do, ignoring the negative things people tell you about you and much more. He talks about giving away in order to gain- and how if you can't feel kindly and loving towards yourself, you can't give that to others. He talks about how focusing on what is not in your life will perpetuate that condition, but if you believe that those things will happen- confidently-- things will fall into place. How you think about these things is crucial. A great deal of it sounds like a mindset difference that I have been working towards all my life- like shades of James Allen ("As A Man Thinketh", a book my grandmother gave me when I was still quite young), William James and others.

Amazon mentions others in this same field of thought: "Other leading-edge voices in this conversation include Eckhart Tolle (The Power of Now), Shakti Gawain (Creative Visualization ) and Lynn Grabhorn (Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting)".

It sounds like something I definitely want to read. There are CD's too.

The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-Create Your World Your Way

They list a few other books that look interesting too.

No comments: