Sunday, October 26, 2003

Wind, Fires and Studying To Do.

The fires are not likely to be contained any time soon and the winds are expected to continue through tomorrow evening. The skyline is filled with smoke from the east and west of us. Scattered family members are located in or near two of the three areas of concern. The winds in my area have calmed at the moment, but I expect them to increase again after sunset. I feel so sorry for all those who lost loved ones and their homes, yet so grateful that this stretch of the foothills is not burning.

I have studying to do and it has been difficult to focus today. I would prefer to sink into a work of fiction instead of concentrating on texts and assignments. A part of me is resisting serious work, except for the weekly laundry which is in progress.

No comments: