Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Meaningful

Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day. ~Dalai Lama

I think I probably miss that mark on quite a few days, and probably quite a few possible friends.

I have never been able to do/handle/manage the 'lots of friends' thing. I don't think I really tried, but I don't know that even if I had that I would have stuck with the effort. I have tended to do a whole advance and retreat dance with people all my life. As long as things felt like a good balance for me, I was happy. Unhappy came with too much alone time or too much people time. When we were younger, my sister was always very social, and I was the gal with her head buried in a book when she wasn't looking for love in all the wrong places. Some things change. Some things stay the same.

No comments: