Tuesday, July 06, 2004

quotes for a Tuesday

Erica Jong quotes and quotations :

"I have not ceased being fearful, but I have ceased to let fear control me. I have accepted fear as part of life specifically fear of change and fear of the unknown;and I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says, turn back, turn back,you'll die if you venture too far." (In an essay in The Writer on Her Work, ch. 13. 1980)

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow that talent to the dark place where it leads." ("The Artist as Housewife," The First Ms. Reader, ed. Francine Kragbrun. 1972)

"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." (U.S. author. Hans, in "Intuition, extuition ...," How to Save Your Own Life. 1977)

Other Jong quotes:Poem Hunter

No comments: