Thursday, March 30, 2006

forty questions????

I ran across these questions at mole.... in this post. They went quicker than I thought. What enticed me to answer, though, was this - found in comments:

"These memes are, like, chatty, you know? Ice breakers? I prattle, then you prattle, and it makes me feel better. I prattle, you don't say nothin, I feel like a goof."

1) Who is the last person you high-fived? -- one of the agency clients who was outside my boss's office.. funny though, at first I could remember the action, my awkward response, his hands, but not the face... then it suddenly came into focus. It's one of those things I respond to, but seldom initiate.

2) If you were drafted into a war, would you survive? -- maybe..

3) Do you sleep with the TV on? -- occasionally.. well, often if I am actually sitting down watching TV.

4) Have you ever drunk milk straight out of the carton? -- absolutely, but shush.. don't tell my son; I tell him that he can't.

5) Have you ever won a spelling bee? -- yup.... ages and ages and ages ago. I used to be pretty good at spelling.

6) Have you ever been stung by a bee? -- yeah, twice. The first time, not a big deal; the second, a very, very big deal. I'm supposed to carry one of those EpiPens for any potential third sting and I ought to get one for any day hikes... I wonder what hoops I need to jump to get Kaiser to prescribe one. The last one I had was with a different doctor, different insurance carrier...

7) How fast can you type? -- depends on the day... fifty, sixty wpm on some.. forty with mistakes and frequent backspacing on others..

8) Are you afraid of the dark? -- sometimes; more that I intensely feel being alone in the dark

9) Eye color? -- blue/green/hazel.. my driver's license used to say blue/green

10) Have you ever made out at a drive-in? -- ahhh... memories.. yes..

11) When is the last time you chose a bath over a shower? -- too long

12) Do you knock on wood? -- sometimes

13) Do you floss daily? -- some weeks

(-- 14 seems to be missing)

15) Can you hula hoop? -- used to in the nineteen-fifties (1950's), and was very good at it; not tried it lately though I noticed some in a ToysRUs just last week and considered buying one for a lark.

16) Are you good at keeping secrets? -- Yes

17) What do you want for Christmas? -- world peace

18) Do you know the Muffin Man? -- no

19) Do you talk in your sleep? -- not that I'm aware of.. surely someone would have told me????

20) Who wrote the book of love? -- I don't know, is there only one? If there is only one, would someone send me a copy or point me in the right direction, please? Please?

21) Have you ever flown a kite? -- Yes! fond memories

22) Do you wish on your fallen lashes? -- no

23) Do you consider yourself successful? -- Do I? by what standards? yes- because I've survived to this point in life with a sense of humor intact and growing.

24) How many people are on your contact list of your cell? -- I'd have to count; it's filled with clients, work and academic contacts... much fewer friends and family.

25) Have you ever asked for a pony? --no... I wanted my own row boat (got it too)

26) Plans for tomorrow? not to cry about the lack of free time, and to socialize enough and carefully in the monthly staff meeting

27) Can you juggle? -- yes, but like Dale, only three items.. been a while though and I'm out of pracice... OH, AND of course, i can juggle. I do it every day- time, money, people, priorities!!!!!!!

28) Missing someone now? -- yes, yes, yes...

29) when was the last time you told someone I Love You? -- my son, last night. Oh did you mean some other significant person- not one's child??? not in a while.

30) And truly meant it? -- yes.

31) how often do you drink? -- almost never

32) How are you feeling today? -- up and down, normal, ordinary.

33) what do you say too much? -- "really" - as statement, question, sometimes as a sarcastic comment

34) Have you ever been suspended or expelled from school? -- maybe

35) What are you looking forward to? -- finishing my degree and having more unstructured time

36) Have you ever crawled through a window? -- yes

37) Have you ever eaten dog food? -- not dog food but dog biscuits because my baby sister seemed to think they were good.. they weren't, but she and the dog would share them.

38) Can you handle the truth? -- yes.. and like Dale, that is qualified-- I can handle the truth better than a lie...

39) Do you like green eggs and ham? -- well, I like Theodor Geisel's works, so yeah.

40) Any cool scars? -- hmmmm.. cool??? not sure about cool. There are a few visible scars I can be encouraged to talk about

I'll leave the invitation/tag/ - open to anyone who wishes to pick it up...

No comments: