Monday, March 20, 2006

country kick

This blues and rock gal finds herself on a bit of a country music kick these past many days. I rather like the dance rhythm of "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy"  , so I downloaded it several days ago. That started a hunt through my CD's for various country artists I enjoy, which turned into a surfing and listening trip through a 79-99 cent download store for some others.

Among those downloads- this one by Keith Urban
Days Go By

I'm changing lanes and talkin' on the phone
Drivin' way too fast.
And the interstate's jammed with gunners like me
Afraid of comin' in last.
But somewhere in the race we run,
We're coming undone...

CHORUS:
And days go by...
I can feel 'em flyin'
Like a hand out the window in the wind.
The cars go by...
Yeah it's all we've been given,
So you better start livin' right now
'Cause days go by...

Out on the roof just the other night
I watched the world flash by,
Headlights, taillights,
Running through a river of neon signs.
Mmm-hmmm...
But somewhere in the rush I felt,
We're losing ourselves...
...


and another by Keith Urban "Where the Blacktop Ends"

Gonna kick off my shoes
And run in bare feet
Where the grass and the dirt and the gravel all meet
Goin' back to the well gonna visit old friends
And feed my soul where the blacktop ends


I'll not be kicking off my shoes outside just yet- it's a little chilly and wet for that..
wink pink

No comments: