Monday, October 08, 2007

temporary end to sliding

"Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow." ~Douglas Pagels




Today I went back to work. Fortunately until I returned today, I hadn't given much thought to the fact that no one would really be working my case load unless there were a dire emergency. There were lots of not really emergencies and some almost emergencies and some not much to do after the fact emergencies. Of course. And every single one of them had someone involved who thought they ought to be taken care of first.

I feel as if I could sleep twelve hours just to recuperate from this day, if I only could find those twelve.

No comments: