Friday, November 09, 2007

Preparation and What Matters

"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think its forever."
~Carl Sagan, Ph.D

I should have some pictures of my own from various moments in the past few months. But life is just racing by and blogging is about the last thing I generally feel like doing when I arrive home each night. Eating, saying a word or two to the husband, a quick plan for the next day and sleeping are about all I can manage well... and actually, not so well. I haven't sorted through the pictures which include some from the Lake in July, from various moments around Sunland and other frozen bits. They are waiting to be reviewed and perhaps tweaked a little here and there. I haven't got the whole- work 9.75 hours, gone eleven plus, still have a larger life- down pat yet. It's a year officially in this new job, so I better be figuring it out really soon.
~~~~~

The recent firestorms required my sister to evacuate. Fortunately they were prepared, very well prepared, and their house survived despite the devastation around them. The fires marched and swirled up to their property, raged all around them, moved above and onward, but did not burn their home. One of their preparations was an amazing stuff called Barricade which my brother in law personally applied before they evacuated. You can see how their preparedness and luck paid off at: Wizards Web where he posted some pictures.

~~~~~~~

"How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most" ~Stephen R. Covey

I'm trying..

No comments: