Friday, October 05, 2007

Maybe Vulcan just orbited its sun more slowly?



And on Earth, Mr. Spock wouldn't have been two hundred or four hundred or whatever age he was in whatever might have been his last appearance in the Star Trek mythology line. (Wasn't he last on Romulus trying to facilitate peace?)

There are things I probably should (oooo nasty word sometimes, that "should" word) be doing and one of them involved looking for something on the Internet. When I was done and cleared the page to blank, I just couldn't resist clicking on that "Stumble!" button.

It came up with this silly site which will calculate Your Age On Other Worlds" and also has a grade school lesson on planet rotations and orbits. I am a little over 4 1/2 on Jupiter, 228 or so on Mercury and 29 and change on Mars. Funny stuff those numbers. I am still trying to get used to the feel of that Earth number rolling off my tongue.

No comments: