Monday, May 08, 2006

remember to breathe

"Rule 1. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Rule 2. It's all small stuff.

Rule 3. If you can't fight or flee, then flow."
- unknown

After some looking at everything that might be suitable in the area, we concluded that there is "no place like home". So with my sister's help (she is a realtor), we made an offer contingent on all sorts of things like inspections, appraisals, certain kinds of repairs and so on. I am out of my depth with the legalese and proper forms and wondering what I have forgotten. She is going to handle it for us as our agent and will make sure we aren't taken for a ride and that all the t's are crossed and the i's dotted.

I am absolutely freaking out with the stress of everything. Well, sort of.. there is the outward part of me that is frequently distracted and forgetful, sometimes unable to sit still, and often unable to focus, the me who is breathing rapid and shallowly until I catch myself doing it... and there is the part that finds the me that is freaking out- a curiosity to be detachedly examined.

Four days left to study for comprehensive exams.

No comments: