Saturday, May 13, 2006

An endurance test

It was an endurance run as much as a test of knowledge in my head. Most everyone who sat for both exams (core and option) said they were exhausted when it was over.
I think I'll put my feet up and relax now... maybe look at the television without seeing and doze off.

Oh...
Do you want to know how I think I did?

I am not sure. After finishing the morning session (counseling core), I felt rather optimistic. I am pretty sure I passed it.... But this afternoon, not only were there multiple choice questions, but I was required to write two essays (choose one topic from two choices in section A, and choose one topic from two choices in section B). At the end of the day, after pulling everything possible out of my head, I wasn't a very effective writer. I don't know that I did well on the multiple choice either.

I will know the results in two weeks. Either I passed and I have earned my degree (only one elective to finish to complete the number of credits needed) or I will need to retake one or both exams in November.. Either way, I don't imagine I have finished the bulk of my education.

"There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti

The teachings of Jiddu Krishnamurti

No comments: