Wednesday, May 17, 2006

change ahead no matter what

"Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts." ~Arnold Bennett (possibly the How to Live on 24 hours a Day author)

We are back to hunting for a new home. We've hit a wall with the negotiations and frankly this place needs a great deal of work (not just cosmetic work). We would be much better off at our ages, to purchase something that we can put finishing touches upon, instead of spending so much money and time repairing and upgrading this place.

I am still stressing out a bit; all this house-moving stuff, finding a new job or a large raise, wondering if I haven't cut myself off from ever working for the community colleges by going this direction.... wondering if I passed the exams...

I've got to put all those things in their little compartments now, and head off to work.

No comments: