Monday, April 24, 2006

Stress

"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
~Lily Tomlin

May 13 is when I take my comprehensive exams. At the moment, I'm working mostly with my most difficult course material. That part is going ok, but I am, as you might expect, very nervous about it.

Life in all other aspects is working according to Murphy's Laws! Everything is falling apart in all directions... We must find a new home; I need to find a new job; We must pack all our belongings; etc. etc. etc.

As much as I know that everything is all about perception, and we see what we expect to see, I can't shake the feeling that I am dragging a large black storm cloud around with me. I expect the next hailstorm to come at any minute.

The line between sane and losing it, is very thin and I am on the edge -- teetering.

No comments: