Friday, February 17, 2006

White Flag

When all else fails, read the instructions... wink pink

On Wednesday night along with writing a quick post to return to blogging, I decided to download a song from a place I purchased singles from a long time ago. They still had my account active and I had no trouble logging in, finding the song I wanted, going through checkout, saving the receipt and seemingly through the quick download. But when I looked, the file was no where to be found. It was late, I was tired and Thursday was to be an early day with a couple of quarterly plan meetings scheduled for two different clients in two different locations. So I went to sleep.

Thursday night I searched my computer in a variety of ways, but still couldn't find the file. I scoured the download site to see if it might have been placed elsewhere or how I might download again. Tired, slow-brained, skim-reading me- didn't find anything helpful, not even how to download again.

Today, determined to find that song (it was only 99 cents, but I did pay for it) or obtain a new download, I discovered that it required MSIE to download!!!!! I was using Firefox of course. Opening the receipt with MSIE gave me a link that took me to a page where I could download again.

Simple stuff. If I had just re-read the full instructions instead of assuming that I correctly remembered the 'how to details' from the last time I purchased perhaps a year or so ago, I might have saved myself a lot of trouble.
blush

And the song?
White Flag - Dido  (full text lyrics and a midi version)

I know you think that I shouldn't still love you
Or tell you that
But if I didn't say it, well I'd still have felt it
where's the sense in that

I promise I'm not trying to make your life harder
Or return to where we were

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

...
And when we meet
Which I'm sure we will
All that was there
Will be there still
I'll let it pass
And hold my tongue
And you will think
That I've moved on
...


Now then- On to a day off that really isn't quite, but can be taken at a very slow and easy pace.
daisy

No comments: