Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"a lifetime's happiness"

"If you desire an hour's happiness, take a nap. If you desire a day's happiness, go fishing. If you desire a month's happiness, get married. If you desire a year's happiness, inherit a fortune. If you desire a lifetime's happiness, help someone else." ~Chinese Proverb
(1001 Pearls of Wisom. David Ross. 2006. Duncan Baird Publishers, London)

Tuesday is the day I work into the night. Hmmmmm, is there a better way to phrase that?

At some point in the afternoon, what is on my mind is a nap, but my goal of the day is, of course, helping some specific folks in my client list take another eighth, quarter, or bigger step towards some specific goals. I do feel happy when they succeed at making some forward progress; I have some definite opposite feelings when there is backwards momentum. It would seem that could be a little too much personal investment in the outcome instead of being in the moment and keeping the process flexible...

No comments: