Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Intentions

Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work. ~Peter F. Drucker
On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died. ~Sam Ewing

I've opened a compose page once a week, every week, for months. I write, edit, get stuck somewhere before finishing, then wander off to look up something or clarify something or think some more, get sidetracked, and give up. It's not thought that is stagnated exactly, nor creativity, but something else that stops me. And often something in my thoughts and the writing seems either too honest or not honest enough.

I've learned a few things in the past couple of years in between my very sporadic posts. But I don't know if I can articulate anything of value for anyone else. I don't necessarily want to be just part of the noise. Yet I am not entirely ready to say I've quit blogging completely.

I've got a few pictures to post, a few thoughts to see if I can put down, simply because I need to share somewhere. I think I'm ready to try to keep some kind of regularity here on this page. Intentions aren't enough. Action and follow through are all that matters.

OH... I suppose it goes without saying that I'm happy with the way the national elections turned out.

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. ~Barack Obama

No comments: