Monday, December 18, 2006

Re-Direction (behaviorally)

"You can't wring your hands and roll up your sleeves at the same time." ~Pat Schroeder

"As a cure for worrying, work is better than whiskey." ~Thomas A. Edison

My sister's surgery is Tuesday morning. We have traded all the telephone numbers we can think of for everything from how to reach my son for a directed recipient emergency blood donation during his 24 hour shift (they share blood type and +Rh factor), to all the various cell phones here and in Indiana, UCLA hospital patient information line, how to reach the ICU in Indiana where my father lies recovering and still on a respirator, but conscious now. (I got to speak to him today over the telephone, even though he couldn't speak back.)

I will have to trust that my brother in law will call me from UCLA Medical Center to give updates, and that my step-mother will call from I.U. Medical Center with updates.

I will be immersing myself in work, workshops and trainings, and try not to worry.



~~~~~
Various wanderings- tangents- while writing:
Blood Types Tutorial

Blood Types

Rhesus Blood Group System

UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center

Revlon/UCLA Breast Center

No comments: