Tuesday, December 19, 2006

one day at a time

"Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized." ~Leo F. Buscaglia

"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things, in which smiles, and kindnesses, and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort" ~Humphrey Davy

Today was a good day. I thought it wasn't going to be when looking ahead during the early morning, after a night of little sleep; but reflecting on it all later, it was.

I stayed in the moment as much as possible; the hospitalized members of my family are recovering from their surgeries. The non-hospitalized members are safe. My workshop/training went well (Part 1 of Person Centered Planning; one of 3 essential workshops on that subject which must be completed before I can do certain parts of my job), and I managed not to be too distracted. I laughed, I worked, I encouraged, assisted, asked thoughtful questions, learned valuable information, kept my head in the moment. And though I have this small dark gloomy area that lingers in my mind, that too will pass.

No comments: