Thursday, November 02, 2006

events and images

"The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order: the continuous thread of revelation." ~Eudora Welty

In a very impulsive moment, I picked up the camera and shot a few photos of myself tonight when I came home (01Nov). I suppose the impulse came from a desire to mark this period of rapid changes. Every day this week has delivered a new 'last time'. Or perhaps it was to see if I could see any outward differences for all the inward changes I am feeling.

pic32_1a3x3

Though I don't exactly understand why, I never look the way I think I do... ever...

Oh yeah.. almost forgot.. I have a new haircut as of a couple of weeks ago... removed about a foot of hair (it was down to my waist). Everyone keeps coming up to me to tell me how much younger they think I look now. I must have really looked old before. I can't decide if I am flattered by their comments, or disgusted that it matters to me.

No comments: