Friday, November 10, 2006

actions and words

"Our life is composed greatly from dreams, from the unconscious, and they must be brought into connection with action. They must be woven together."
~Anais Nin

"If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." ~Anatole France

What a strange, wonderful, roller coaster of a week. The new job is great. With supervision, I'll be seeing some of my case load next week. I am working a flex schedule which gives me a three day weekend every couple of weeks and more if a holiday falls on my Friday off.

Tuesday was the long awaited awakening for the rest of the country to join the reality based folks. I must say I was surprised (and relieved) that the Dems won majorities in both the House and the Senate. I'm hoping they really do realize they must govern from the middle and work on finding compromises and solutions. Winning isn't enough.. governing and solving problems isn't going to be simple. There are far too many issues and divisions that will take a long time to fix.

I'm feeling much less angst, though I suspect that my new job responsibilities will continue to feel a little overwhelming for a while. Still... I can see a day ahead where I will be looking for new major goals. Where shall I go from here?

No comments: