Tuesday, May 05, 2009

dancing in the rain

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

~unknown author


I don't know if I agree with that or not, but I like the sound and feel of it. Motivating phrases and words particularly attract me. Does that say something about me? Does that convey a deeper need or something that I have missed defining? A symptom? A sign?

Of course, as I imagine of everyone who loves to read, I am always delighted to find (read, discover, hear) the well turned phrase, the clever bit of language that describes something exactly, or humorously or in a way that I hadn't though of previously. I am particularly fond of language that nails a difficult, weighty thought or idea perfectly in a concise amount of words.

I am just as easily enamored of the simple thoughts, if joyful sounding enough....

No comments: