Ran into this wandering around:
Fifty Things I've Learned in Fifty Years
It has such gems as:
10. Empathy is the greatest virtue. From it, all virtues flow. Without it, all virtues are an act.
That sounds right....
35. Candor is overrated. It’s hard to unsay what you’ve said in anger and almost impossible to take back what you’ve written.
Oh yeah.. at least the second half is so very regrettably true.
and this one
39. All the stuff you have lying around that you’ll never want, need, wear or look at again? It just makes it harder to find what you do want, need or intend to wear. File it, donate it or throw it out.
I need to engrave this one where I will see it daily..
49. Whatever your passion, pursue it as though your days were numbered. Because they are.
50. Readers love lists. You got to the bottom of this one, didn’t you?