Wednesday, July 05, 2006

and in between....

"Evermore in the world is this marvelous balance of beauty and disgust, magnificence and rats" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"We come. We go. And in between we try to understand."~Rod Steiger

What a roller coaster couple of months. I know I posted in June, but only barely.

To catch up...
Escrow is almost closed on our new home- it should fund today, and maybe we can even get keys tomorrow... but maybe Friday... or Saturday... or Sunday. That part is frustrating, as the date keeps moving outward (not by our choice). I've not boxed up everything in the house, but much of it is in boxes. There is so much stuff left, I am kinda ready to just throw things in boxes until each one is full, make a half hearted attempt to label and worry about it later. But I will keep slogging along and hopefully the date will firm up today.

Here is a pic of the front of our new location:


I will be in much better shape when the move is finished. Life has thrown a lot of curves in between the high-highs of purchasing our home.

My dear old cat died... and I was with him at the end. It was very sad, but not unexpected.

I managed to break a bone or two in my foot, which has added a wrinkle or two into the whole moving and packing ordeal...

And my "baby" sister was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. It hasn't spread to any other organs or her bones which is good, but it is very large. She has started chemo, then will have surgery and probably more chemo and/or possibly radiation. I told her she is not allowed to leave before I do.

Please, please, please, keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Send what positive energy you can in her direction.

As soon as this move is over and I have half a home set back up (in a few days or a week or so?), I will return to posting regularly. Honest. Yes, I will.

I miss everyone. I miss reading everyone and feeling a tiny part of community. I'll be back.

No comments: