Thursday, June 16, 2005

Windmills, Circles and exhausted

Round,
Like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning
On an ever-spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain
Or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning
Running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping
Past the minutes on its face
And the world is like an apple
Whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind ...
(from The Windmills of Your Mind written by Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman)
I had a few things that have been whirling around in my head... and thanks to a comment by Derek from Why Zen, I have "Windmills of My Mind"**  as the musical backdrop part of the time... actually for a few days now.
;-)

I am too exhausted (a possible subject for another time) to really think and write a blog post, so why am I? Because the habit is useful and pleasurable to me. It is part of my little daily routine, though the time varies- Read a little news, a little wandering of links to education, science, philosophy, and psychology sites, read a little from a few favorite bloggers, let all the writer's thoughts sink in and meld with my own in all directions, let my thoughts drift where the wind blows, then write a little something that might take off with a mind of its own... or rather my mind coherently taking off to somewhere as opposed to rambling on and on (which this is quickly in danger of doing).

Hmm... where was I? Oh, yes, why would I write a blog post when I was too exhausted to think, when it would appear that I was only "adding to the noise"? The answer is to share a little of me, to do a bit of a brain dump, to communicate with someone, or else to have the illusion that I did, and to do this even if it fails. .. and maybe sometimes, just maybe, share with someone else that people come in all ways and moments, and that it is ok to be less than best, to even be less than one's best -- it doesn't mean one has to be silent and hide the less than perfect spots. It is a lesson I wish I had known better when I was younger or hadn't been quite so afraid of at times.

**(except I am hearing a woman's voice, not Sting; Dusty Springfield? Petula Clark? Maureen McGovern? someone else?)

No comments: