Thursday, June 30, 2005

Mistakes, Lessons, coincidences and diversions..

"Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong." ~Peter T. Mcintyre

"There are no mistakes or failures, only lessons." ~Denis Waitley

"Of all the diversions of life, there is none so proper to fill up its empty spaces as the reading of useful and entertaining authors." ~David Viscott

"Coincidences are spiritual puns." ~G. K. Chesterton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried searching archives (except Google doesn't always do a good job on older archives), because I was sure that Andy at Older and Growing mentioned the book "The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity" a long time ago, as well as seeing it mentioned by several other people.

I had forgotten about the book (though it is in my list of 'want to reads'), so I was surprised to see the mention of it tonight on this website :

How To Collage in Your Personal Art Journal

Running across this is one of those strange coincidences; not only did I mean to buy Julia Cameron's book before now, the place this website (which isn't Cameron's, only links to the book) was linked from was a random web surfing choice, and one of the projects I have had on my mind lately to try, has to do with making several collages for the loose purpose of connecting with the unconscious.

The aisling d'art site has some other interesting journaling/ art/ craft pages to wander.

And here is "The Artist's Way at Work: The Official Site" with a couple of sample worksheets/exercises, some history and other things.

~~~**~~~
As a day, this one had a couple of one eyebrow raising moments (the 'did I hear what I just thought I heard directed at me' sort) , some later 'aww darn, I know better's' and 'will understand better next time's'-- everything reinforcing the ideas that 1) I still make lots of mistakes, 2) there are some people that I couldn't work for and maybe can't collaborate with, and 3) my boss is really a rare fellow as bosses go- a motivator and a diplomat, even without today's obvious comparison. I would rather have his gentle constructive criticism that always ends with something positive, than lots of other people's praise. It makes being confident but sometimes wrong- easier....

No comments: